Bacalao Recipe (Party)
Savor the flavors of Spain with this fish dish that's sure to conquer your taste buds.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 8 hr.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 25
- 2 1/2 kgs daing, labahita, soaked in enough water overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 2/3 cups garlic, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- 1 cup DEL MONTE Tomato Paste
- 5 cups potato, cut into cubes
- 2 1/2 cups garbanzos, canned, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups pimiento, cut into strips
- 1 2/3 cups bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Drain water from the daing. Remove bones from daing. Cut flesh into large cubes then add water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic until just wilted. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, DEL MONTE Tomato Paste, and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the cooked daing. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
Fish is a good source of protein that helps repair of body tissues. This Bacalao dish is also a source of calcium that is good for bones and teeth and iron for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Soaking the daing in water overnight removes the excess salt from the dried fish. It also brings back the moisture to fish and makes it more pliable.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment