Bacon Pork Mechado Recipe
Give traditional mechado a bacon twist!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 30 min.
Cooking Time : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 500 g pork, kasim, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup bacon, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups marble potato
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted (optional)
1. Marinate the pork in soy sauce, calamansi juice, and garlic for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a pot, put the bacon and water to allow the bacon fat to melt and brown. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes then remove the shallots from the pot.
3. Add the marinated pork, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the marination.
4. Add the marble potatoes and the sautéed shallots then simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Add the bell pepper then add olives, if desired.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spatula
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon