Chicken Caldereta Recipe
We’re giving the classic Pinoy stew a healthy twist!
Looking for a hearty healthy dinner? We've got a chicken caldereta recipe Filipino style just for you! Full of protein, healthy carbs, and veggies, our chicken caldereta recipe is a delicious meal that's good for the body and soul.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 51 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 600 g chicken, thigh and leg, cut into serving portions
- 6 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2/3 tsp peppercorn, crushed
- 2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green peas, frozen, cooked
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, cut into squares
- 2 pc siling labuyo, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- Rub chicken with garlic and crushed peppercorns. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add water, potatoes, green peas, bell peppers, and sili. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until tender.
- Add liver spread and DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce. Boil and turn down to simmer for a bout a minute then turn off heat.
This recipe is a good source of protein and niacin. Protein helps in the regulation and maintenance of the body's fluid balance while niacin promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Soak the potato in water after peeling and slicing to avoid discoloration
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment