Chicken Guisado Recipe
A Pinoy favorite done the Del Monte way.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 28 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 500 g chicken, thigh and leg
- 1 tsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 200 g potato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, sliced
- Sauté garlic, onion, chicken, and patis for 8 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, potatoes, and water. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Add bell pepper. Allow to simmer.
This Chicken Guisado recipe is high in protein which is important for growth, development and regulation of body processes. It is also a good source of niacin that helps maintain normal structure of the skin.
Allow the patis and chicken juices to evaporate until almost dry to concentrate the flavors and remove the "lansa" in the chicken.
Please login to post your comment