Economy Embutido Recipe
This budget-friendly dish is perfect for any occasion.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 23 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 pc egg
- 200 g pork, ground
- 2 pc banana, saba, semi-ripe, boiled, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp pickle relish, sweet
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 4 slices bread, white loaf, diced (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
1. Boil 1 piece egg. Remove shells. Cut into six wedges. Set aside.
2. Beat remaining egg, combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3. Place every 3/4 cup of mixture on aluminum foil. Form into a log then flatten a bit. Place 3 strips of cooked egg at the center of meat mixture. Roll then fold ends.
4. Steam for one hour. Let cool then chill overnight. Slice diagonally just before serving. Serve with DEL MONTE Ketchup.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board