Fish Callos Recipe
Here's a healthier version of a classic Spanish dish!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 8
FOR THE MARINADE
- 2 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 500 g labahita fillet
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 100 g chorizo pamplona, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup carrot, cut into 1/2 x 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup garbanzos
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
1. Marinate fish with calamansi juice, salt and pepper. Dredge with flour then deep fry. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, chorizo, carrots and garbanzos. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water then simmer until vegetables are almost cooked. Add fish and bell pepper. Cook until bell pepper is tender.
This Fish Callos dish is a source of vitamin A which helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision, and niacin that keeps the digestive and nervous systems healthy.
Use fish fillet that is firm so that it can hold nicely in the dish and not fall apart. The best fish fillets for this recipe are labahita and dorado.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment