Fruity Monggo Buchi Recipe
A burst of fruity flavor in your classic buchi.
Buchi is a traditional Chinese dessert that can be made with many different kinds of fillings. We’ve given our Buchi recipe a fruity upgrade with the addition of fruit cocktail. Learn how to make Buchi with Del Monte Kitchenomics today.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, coarsely chopped, and reserve syrup
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/4 cup monggo, red, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 kg galapong
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Simmer drained DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and sugar for 15 minutes or until almost dry. Add monggo. Set aside.
- Flatten each tablespoon of galapong and place 1/2 tablespoon of filling at the center. Gather edges of galapong and seal. Form into balls.
- Moisten each ball with reserved fiesta fruit cocktail syrup and roll in sesame seeds.
- Deep-fry in medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
This dish is a good source of iron and vitamin C. Iron is needed for normal metabolism while vitamin C helps fight common infections and enhances absorption of iron in the body.
The galapong dries up easily when exposed to air so keep a moist towel to cover it during preparation.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed