Laksa Lemak Recipe
Prepare a spicy, savory Malay classic dish in no time at all.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 18 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced diagonally
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Curry Mix (40g), dissolved in milk
- 1 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 cups water
- 400 g maya-maya fillet, chunks
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 Tbsp wansuy, chopped
- 2 pcs siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 g sotanghon, soaked in cold water
1. Heat oil in a wok and stir fry leeks.
2. Add dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Curry Mix in evaporated milk and water to the pan then bring to a boil.
3. Add fish fillet, bell peppers, snow peas, wansuy, and siling labuyo. Season with salt. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add drained sotanghon and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve.
This dish is a source of calcium and vitamin C. Calcium helps in the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth while vitamin C helps fight common infections and in wound healing.
Soaking the sotanghon in water rehydrates the noodles and will help it cook faster.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment