Super Carrot Soup Recipe
This heartwarming soup is comforting and nutritious.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Soup, Chicken & Del Monte Pasta
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 47 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 50 g bacon
- 100 g carrot, cut into chunks
- 4 cups water
- 1 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 200 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp patis
- 1/2 pack DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (200g), raw
- 1/3 cup Baguio beans, sliced 1/2-inch thick crosswise
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 1/4 cup cheese spread
1. In a pan, cook bacon without oil for 7 minutes. Discard oil, crumble bacon and set aside.
2. Boil carrot in water with chicken bouillon cube broth for 10 minutes or until very tender. Remove carrot and mash, reserve stock and set aside.
3. In pan, sauté garlic, onion and chicken in butter. Add patis and DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add reserved stock, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
4. Add Baguio beans, mashed carrot and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, then add milk and cheese spread. Simmer for 2 minutes. Top with bacon. Ladle into bowls.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Spoon
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula