Tokwa Fried Rice Recipe
Try this healthy sauce-sarap take on fried rice!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Rice, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pc siling haba, seeded and sliced
- 1 pc chorizo de bilbao, thinly sliced
- 1 pc chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pc tokwa, fried and cut into short strips
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 cup rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1. Sauté garlic, onion, sili, chorizo, and chicken bouillon cube. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, and tokwa. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add rice and green onions. Mix until well blended.
This Tokwa Fried Rice dish is a source of protein and iron. Protein is essential in growth and development while iron is needed for the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
Allow the chorizo de Bilbao to toast a little. The toasted chorizo will give new texture and the oil released will add loads of flavor to the rice.
Please login to post your comment