Chicken Adobo sa Gata Recipe
Try this regional take on the usual chicken adobo!
Our Chicken Adobo sa Gata recipe puts an interesting twist on a beloved Pinoy classic, the chicken adobo. Adding Quick ‘n Easy Gata Mix gives it a creamy taste your family will surely love.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn, black
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 500 g chicken, whole
- 2 Tbsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp patis
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g)
- 1/4 cup sili leaves
Sauté garlic, onions, peppercorn, ginger, and chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar, patis, and laurel. Simmer without cover for 5 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sili leaves, then serve.
This Del Monte Kitchenomics take on this regional adobo dish is a definitely must-try!
After adding the Del Monte Red Cane Vinegar, patis, and laurel, allow the liquid to evaporate until almost dry. At this point, the vinegar and patis will have already evaporated, resulting in a concentrated flavor.