Chicken Caldereta Roulade Recipe
Make dinner time more special with this new take on chicken caldereta.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 400 g chicken, breast fillet
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Caldereta Sauce (80g)
- 1/4 cup cheese spread
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup potato
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup green peas
1. Season chicken fillet with salt and pepper.
2. Pound chicken pieces to flatten a bit. Mix 1 teaspoon of DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Caldereta Sauce and 1 teaspoon cheese spread with chicken.
3. Lay pieces of carrot, potato, and bell pepper strips on one end of each chicken slice. Roll and secure with toothpick. Do the same with the remaining chicken and vegetables.
4. Heat butter with oil. Brown chicken pieces on all sides. Pour remaining caldereta sauce and water. Add excess vegetables. Bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Add green peas. Allow to simmer.
5. Drizzle with remaining cheese spread before serving.
This Chicken Caldereta Roulade recipe is high in vitamin A that helps keep the immune system healthy and niacin which is important for normal skin structure.
Butter burns quickly. To have the taste of butter without burning its milk solids, use a combination of oil and butter to brown the chicken.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon