Chicken Pochero Recipe
A warm and hearty dish that the whole family will love coming home to.
1 hr. and 10 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- Pinoy Dishes
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/3 cup onion, red
- 1 pc chicken, whole
- 1 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup sweet potato/kamote
- 1 2/3 cup banana, saba
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 1 1/2 can pork and beans
- 3/4 cup pechay Tagalog
- Heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Slightly brown the chicken on all sides. Add patis, cook until dry.
- Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once chicken is cooked, add kamote and simmer over medium heat until kamote is tender.
- Add saba, green beans and pork and beans then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add stalks of pechay, once cooked, add pechay leaves and turn off heat.
This Chicken Pochero dish provides vitamin A that helps improve vision and keeps the immune system healthy. It also has niacin that helps enzymes work properly in your body.
Separate the stalks and leaves of the pechay. The stalks will cook longer than the leaves. Add the stalks first. When cooked, add the leaves and let the residual heat cook the leaves.