Chicken Salpicao Recipe
A classic dish made tastier and more healthy!
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1 kg chicken, thigh fillet
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 can button mushroom, canned
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 Tbsp liquid seasoning
- Sauté garlic until golden. Set aside.
- Brown chicken in 2 batches. Set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in half of butter, add the browned chicken then add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with liquid seasoning and add half of browned garlic. Add the remaining butter. Mix.
- Top with remaining garlic.
This Chicken Salpicao recipe provides protein that is essential for the growth, maintenance, and repair of body tissues and niacin that helps break down carbohydrates, protein and fats.
Browning the chicken in batches makes sure that the pan is hot enough to sear the chicken properly. Browning all at once lowers the temperature drastically which causes the juices to come out and boil the chicken instead of browning.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon