Chinese Style Tokwa't Baboy Recipe
Try tokwa't baboy with a saucy, Asian flair.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 400 g pork, loin, boneless-skinless
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 3 Tbsp kinchay
- 1/3 cup kuchay
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup tokwa/tofu
1. In a bowl, mix pork with soy sauce and flour. Deep-fry until brown. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine water, pork, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Add kinchay, kuchay, and salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in tokwa. Serve.
This dish is high in protein which is needed for growth, development, and repair of body tissues. Tokwa can also be your low-cost, healthy alternative for meat.
When frying the pork tenderloin, drop the pieces of meat one by one to make sure they do not stick to each other because of the flour.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
- Chopping Board