Classic Caldereta Recipe (Party)
Loved by everybody, this classic recipe is definitely a must-try!
2 hrs. and 52 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 3 1/2 kg beef shortribs
- 2/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 cup garlic
- 1 Tbsp peppercorn
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup onion
- 4 pc siling labuyo
- 2/3 cup liver spread
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- 5 cup water
- 4 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 4 cup potato
- 1 1/3 cup green olives, pitted
- 4 pc whole pickle
- 2 cup bell pepper, red
- 2 cup bell pepper, green
- 3 cup green peas
- 1 cup cheese
1. Marinate beef for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade. Brown meat pieces in olive oil. Set aside meat. Discard excess oil.
2. In the same pan, sauté garlic from marinade, then add onion. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add beef, sili, and liver spread, then sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining marinade, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, laurel, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until beef is almost tender, stirring occasionally, adding more water if needed.
5. Add potatoes, olives, pickles, and bell peppers. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add frozen peas and cheese. Allow to simmer. Serve.
This dish is rich in vitamin A that helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision and also plays a role in immunity. It is also high in protein, which helps in the regulation and maintenance of the body's fluid balance.
The vinegar in the marinade helps break down the proteins in the meat which helps to tenderize it.
Cooking Skills Needed