Del Monte Garlic Longganisa Recipe
This breakfast favorite is both easy on the budget and easy to make.
1 hr. and 35 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 250 g tokwa/tofu
- 600 g pork, ground
- 1/3 cup garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp peppercorn, black
- 1/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar (47cl)
- 1/4 cup oil
1. Mix DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and tokwa together then combine with the other ingredients except oil. Mix well.
2. Form every 1 1/2 tablespoon of mixture into logs like longganisa and arrange on tray. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Fry until cooked.
This recipe is a source of vitamin B1 and niacin. Vitamin B1 helps in the energy production of the body while niacin helps keep the digestive and nervous systems healthy.
Sausages need a bit of fat, so that it is moist when cooked. Choose a fatty ground pork for this recipe.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board