Fish, Clam and Corn Chowder Recipe
A hearty seafood stew that brings warmth and comfort.
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 240 g clams (halaan)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 Tbsp garlic
- 1/3 cup onion
- 3 Tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 1/4 cup potato
- 100 g tuna fillet
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 1/3 Tbsp parsley
1. Make the clam stock by boiling halaan in 2 cups of water. When all of the shells have opened, drain the halaan. Reserve 2 cups of the stock.
2. Sauté garlic and onion. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for 1 minute over low heat, stirring continuously. Add bouillon cubes, reserved clam stock, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, and potato. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3. Add fish, halaan meat, corn, and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Add all-purpose cream and parsley, stirring continuously. Cook for 2 minutes.
This Fish, Clam And Corn Chowder dish is high in iron needed for the formation of red blood cells that help carry oxygen all over the body. It is also rich in vitamin A that supports normal growth.
When cooking the flour, scrape the bottom and sides of the pan to make sure that the flour does not burn.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board