Japanese Curry Recipe
No need to head to a restaurant to make this dish when you can recreate it in the comfort of your kitchen!
1 hr. and 28 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 500 g pork, kasim
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Curry Mix (40g)
- 1 cup potato
- 1 cup carrot
1. Heat oil and sauté onions until translucent. Add the pork and sauté for 3 minutes or until the pork turns white and no extra juices are running in the pan. Add the stock and allow to boil.
2. Add flour-water mixture then add DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Curry Mix. Turn down to simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is almost tender.
3. Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
4. Serve on top of steamed white rice.
This Japanese Curry Dish contains vitamin A that promotes normal growth and development. It also keeps skin healthy and helps resist infections.
The butter and flour mixture is called a roux which is a classic thickener.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon