Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Enjoy this Del Monte-style oriental-flavored chicken!
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 300 g chicken, breast
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 1/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red
- 2 stalk onion, green
1. Coat the chicken in cornstarch.
2. In a pan, sauté chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until brown.
3. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Mix in the DEL MONTE BBQ Marinade and DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar. Bring to a boil then add cornstarch dissolved in water. Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add nuts, chili, and bell pepper. Sprinkle green onions. Serve.
This recipe provides protein needed for growth, development, and repair of body tissues, and niacin that helps break down carbohydrates, protein and fats in the body.
Quickly sauté the chicken over a hot pan so that it sears quickly. If the pan is not hot, the chicken will release its juices and will not brown properly.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board