Lechon Kare-Kare Fried Rice Recipe
Try this new and exciting way to make fried rice!
- 200 g pork, liempo
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 1/2 Tbsp bagoong alamang
- 1 cup sitaw
- 1/4 cup onion, green
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups rice
1. Rub pork slices with DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Heat pan with oil. Season pork with salt. Fry pork slices in medium heat until golden brown. Cut into strips. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic, ginger, bagoong, sitaw, and half of green onions for 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining kare-kare mix and water. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add rice and pork slices. Cook with continuous stirring for 2 minutes or until well blended.
6. Top rice with remaining green onions.
This recipe is a source of calcium and iron. Calcium is important for strong bones and teeth while iron is essential for red blood cell formation and normal metabolism.
Make sure the pork is dry before frying to make the skin crispy.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon