Pata Kare-Kare Recipe
This pork kare-kare will be a guaranteed pleaser for your next family dinner!
1 hr. and 15 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- Pinoy Dishes
- 1 1/2 kg pork, pata
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 3 cups water
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 2/3 cup eggplant
- 2/3 cup puso ng saging/banana heart
- 1 cup sitaw
- 1 1/3 cup pechay Tagalog
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang
1. Rub pata with garlic and patis. Boil in enough water for 45 minutes. Drain, discard the broth.
2. Add 3 cups of water to the pata and simmer until meat is tender.
3. Retain only 1 1/2 cups broth in pan. Add DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and vegetables except pechay. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
4. Add pechay. Simmer once. Serve with sautéed bagoong alamang.
This recipe is high in protein which is essential in growth and development, and in vitamin B1 which plays a role in muscle contraction.
Discard the water from the first boiling. This gets rid of any odors or impurities that the pata might have.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board