Pata Kare-Kare Recipe (Party)
Serve this guaranteed pleaser for your next family dinner!
1 hr. and 15 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- Pinoy Dishes
- 3 3/5 kg pork, pata
- 6 Tbsp garlic
- 6 Tbsp patis
- 9 cup water
- 6 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 2 cup eggplant
- 2 cup puso ng saging/banana heart
- 3 cup sitaw
- 4 cup pechay Tagalog
- 3/4 cup bagoong alamang
1. Rub pata with garlic and patis. Boil in enough water for 45 minutes. Drain, discard the broth.
2. Add 9 cups water to the pata. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
3. When the meat is tender, transfer into a bowl. Retain only 4 1/2 cups broth in pan. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and vegetables except pechay. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pechay. Simmer for 3 minutes then add back to the meat. Serve with sautéed bagoong alamang.
This Pata Kare-Kare recipe is high in protein which is essential in growth and development, and in vitamin B1 which plays a role in muscle contraction.
Discard the water from the first boiling. This gets rid of any odors or impurities that the pata might have.