Piñatisang Manok Recipe
Pineapples make this regional chicken dish even better.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Pineapple
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 500 g chicken, thigh and leg
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sili leaves
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 Tbsp oil
1. Sauté ginger in oil. Add chicken and brown all sides.
2. Add patis and water. Simmer until chicken is cooked then add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits with the syrup. Let simmer then pour in dissolved cornstarch mixture. Add sili leaves.
3. In another pan, fry garlic until golden brown. Top cooked chicken with fried garlic.
This Piñatisang Manok recipe is rich in protein that does not only support growth and development, but is also important for the regulation of enzymes and hormones. It also contains niacin that helps improve circulation and supports metabolism.
Cooking the chicken with the ginger helps remove the "lansa" of the chicken.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed