Pork Piña Hamonado Recipe
A delicious dish that's perfect for any celebration.
9 hrs. and 5 mins.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 500 g pork, pigue
- 50 g bacon
- 1 pc carrot
- 1 pc whole pickle
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g)
- 1 can DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with Vitamins A, C & E (240ml)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Combine sugar and salt. Rub mixture into pork. Spread pork and alternately arrange slices of bacon, carrot, pickles, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Roll and tie firmly with butcher's twine or crocheting thread.
2. Marinate pork in DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with ACE and reserved pineapple syrup overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
3. Heat oil. Fry the pork rolls and brown all sides.
4. Combine meat with marinade in pan. Cover and simmer meat for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Turn meat occasionally. Remove rolls. For sauce, add cornstarch and simmer broth with continuous stirring until desired thickness.
5. Remove thread from meat then slice. Set aside. Pour sauce over meat.
This dish is rich in vitamin A that helps maintain healthy vision and skin. It is also a source of vitamin B1 that plays a role in muscle contraction.
Rubbing the pork with salt and sugar helps to cure the meat like ham. With the overnight marination with pineapple juice and syrup, the pork sits in a brine which helps add flavor and at the same time preserves the meat.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Crocheting Thread
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon