QNE Kare-Kare Recipe
Cooking beef kare-kare has never been this easy!
2 hrs. and 28 mins.
Kare-Kare is a Filipino stew made thick thanks to a homemade peanut sauce. It can be a laborious process making Kare-Kare, and each town and region has their own secret recipes to do it. Kare-Kare doesn’t have to be served just on special occasions anymore thanks to this simple and easy Kare-Kare recipe from Del Monte Kitchenomics!
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- Pinoy Dishes
- 1/2 kg ox tail
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 1 1/3 cup eggplant
- 1 cup sitaw/yardlong beans
- - puso ng saging/banana heart
- 1 bunch pechay Tagalog
- Put together oxtail and water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. (7,500sec)
- Add DEL MONTE Quick N Easy Kare-Kare Mix. Stir and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. (300sec)
- Add eggplant, sitaw, and banana heart, if desired, and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are half cooked. Add pechay and simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are done. Serve with sautéed bagoong, alamang and rice. (1,080sec)
This tasty dish is high in iron needed for red blood cell formation that carries oxygen to all body parts, as well as for normal metabolism. It also has calcium which helps in bone growth and development.
To make sure that the oxtail does not have any off aroma, boil them in water for 10 minutes then drain and discard the water. Then boil again with the prescribed amount of water until tender.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon