Red Sisig Recipe
How can the classic Sisig be made even better? Try this recipe to find out.
For many, Sisig is a guilty pleasure that goes perfectly with rice and a nice cold drink. This dish is originally made using pork belly and maskara (pig face) but our Sisig recipe is easier to make because it uses Lechon Kawali instead. Learn how to make Pork Sisig the Del Monte Kitchenomics way today.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- Pinoy Dishes
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 can liver spread
- 1 1/4 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 1/4 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1/4 tsp liquid seasoning
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 cup lechon kawali
- 2/3 cup onion, red
- 1 1/4 pc siling haba
- - salt
- - pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp margarine
- 2 pc egg
- Sauté liver spread in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce, chicken cubes and seasoning. Lower heat and simmer for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Sauté lechon kawali. Add onions and siling haba. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce. Stir until all of the meat is coated. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with margarine.
- Transfer to a a hot sizzling plate. Top with egg. Top with chopped pork skin.
This yummy Red Sisig dish is rich in Vitamin A, which boosts immunity while keeping skin healthy. Vitamin A also promotes normal growth and development.
Finishing with margarine instead of sauteing with it makes sure that it does not burn while cooking and at the same time it gives good aroma, just before serving.