Seafood Kare-Kare Recipe
Expand your kare-kare skills with this healthier seafood version.
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 500 g squid
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups water
- 300 g tahong
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 100 g sitaw
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger
- 100 g puso ng saging/banana heart
- 250 g shrimp
- 2 Tbsp taba ng talangka
- 100 g pechay Tagalog
1. Season squid with calamansi juice and salt. Fry for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Boil tahong in water until shells are just opened, discard half shell and reserve stock.
3. Combine DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix mixture with sitaw, ginger, and drained banana heart in pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add shrimps, taba ng talangka, and tahong. Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add pechay and squid. Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
This local dish is rich in iron that is needed for normal metabolism and calcium that helps make bones and teeth strong.
Squid becomes rubbery when overcooked. Fry the squid just until it changes color to prevent it from becoming tough and unpleasant to eat.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon