Tonkatsu Burger Recipe
A great baon idea using leftover Pork Tonkatsu!
- Main Dish
- Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
- 600 g pork, loin, boneless-skinless
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 2 pcs egg
- 1 1/2 packs bread crumbs, Japanese
- 2 cups oil
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1 1/8 tsp sugar, white
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1/8 cup water
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 pcs hamburger bun
1. For the Pork Tonkatsu: Dredge pork slices in DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Breading Mix, egg, then bread crumbs. Deep fry until golden brown and then cut into strips.
2. For the Tonkatsu Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place lettuce and a piece of pork tonkatsu on top of a bun.
4. Spread tonkatsu sauce over pork tonkatsu then top with the other half of the bun.
This dish is a source of protein which is essential for growth, development and repair of body tissues. Protein also provides energy for the body.
For additional texture and taste, brush the buns with melted butter then toast them before assembling the sandwiches.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon