Pasta Chowder Recipe
Get some comfort with this hearty and filling chowder.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Seafood, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 kg clams (halaan), soaked in cold water for at least 20 minutes to remove sand
- 4 cup ng tubig
- 3 kutsara ng margarine
- 2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup ng onion, sliced
- 1 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/4 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 150 g DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (200g)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 1/2 cup ng milk, evaporated
- 1/2 cup ng cheese, grated
- 2 kutsara ng parsley, chopped
1. Boil the clams in water. Cover the pot and cook until all the shells have opened. Remove the clams from their shells then reserve the clam stock.
2. Sauté garlic and onion in margarine. Add clam stock, salt, and pepper. Allow to boil then add DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and halaan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add milk and cheese. Cook for 2 minutes. Top with parsley, if desired.
This dish is rich in calcium and iron. Calcium is important in the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. On the other hand, iron is needed to make red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Discard any clams that remain open when tapped. These are dead clams that are not safe to eat.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment