QNE Adobo sa Gata at Piña Recipe
A Pinoy favorite made with a touch of Bicolano flavor.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 20 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1/4 kg chicken, thigh, cut up
- 1/4 kg pork, pigue, cut up
FOR THE MARINADE
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 1/4 kutsarita ng peppercorn
- 1/8 cup ng DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar (47cl)
- 1/8 cup ng oil, for frying
- 1/2 kutsara ng oil, for sautéing
- 1/8 cup ng garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup ng onion, sliced
- 1/4 kutsara ng ginger, cut into strips
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Marinate chicken and pork for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain but reserve marinade.
- Fry meat until light brown. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion and ginger. Add pork, marinade and laurel leaf. Bring to boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer for another 15 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix mixture. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally. Transfer into platter.
This twist to the classic dish is rich in protein that helps in growth and development. This QNE Adobo sa Gata at Piña dish is also a source of Vitamin B1 that helps convert food into energy.
The acids from the pineapple and vinegar help to tenderize the meat as well as give it great flavor. Acid breaks down the proteins in the meat which makes it more tender.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto