Layered Fruit and Custard Trifle Recipe
This colorful dessert is actually easy to prepare!
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
- Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
FOR THE CUSTARD
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 pcs egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 pcs cupcake
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g)
- - powdered sugar
1. In a sauce pan, combine sugar, all-purpose cream and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, then set aside the mixture.
2. Place the egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the cream mixture, whisking continuously.
3. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir continuously until thick. Add the vanilla.
4. To Assemble: Slice the cupcake into three, reserve the bottom part for the final toppings. Place the top part of the cupcake in the glass. Layer 2 tablespoon DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail on the cupcake, pour 2 tablespoons custard on the fruit cocktail. Place the other slice of the cupcake, top with another 2 tablespoon of fruit cocktail and 2 tablespoons custard. Place 1 slice of the cupcake on top of the layer and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
This dessert is a source of calcium, vitamins A and C. Calcium makes bones and teeth strong. Vitamin A maintains healthy skin and vision, while vitamin C helps fight common infections.
When cooking the custard, make sure that the bowl does not touch the simmering water. Custards need to cook slowly over low heat to make sure that the eggs do not curdle.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups