Pineapple Cucumber Atchara Recipe
The popular atchara gets a piña-level up twist!
Tagal ng Paghahanda
Tagal ng Pagluluto
- Del Monte Pineapple
- 1 kg cucumber
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g)
- 1 pc bell pepper, red
- 1 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, white
1. Arrange the cucumber, DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, and bell pepper in a sterilized jar.
2. In a pot, combine the DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar and sugar. Simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved.
3. Pour the pickling liquid over vegetables mixture while still hot then cover.
Did you know that pineapples in this Pineapple Cucumber Atchara recipe contain manganese that may help in the normal formation of connective tissues and bones? It also has vitamin C that may help fight common infections.
To make colorful bottled atchara, layer the cucumber, pineapple, and bell pepper alternately. Make sure the bottles are packed before pouring the pickling liquid so that the vegetables will not move around.