Asado Pot Roast Recipe
A one-pot recipe that is the perfect melting pot of our Spanish and Chinese culinary influences.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 20 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 800 g pork, liempo
FOR THE MARINADE
- 3/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 pc star anise
- 1 tsp peppercorn, crushed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup water
1. Mix all ingredients for marinade in a bowl. Marinate pork for 30 minutes.
2. Drain pork from marinade and scrape off excess liquid from the meat.
3. Brown the meat on all sides, skin side down first.
4. When all the sides are browned, add water to the pot, together with the marinade and simmer for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until tender.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?