BBQ Java Rice Recipe
Here’s a great rice bowl to share with family and friends!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Condiments
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 19 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup DEL MONTE Sweet Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 cup rice, cooked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then grill until cooked. Cut into strips then set aside.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a wok, sauté the rice in oil. Add the sauce (leave 1/4 cup for topping) then season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining sauce.
This tasty rice bowl is rich in protein which is necessary for growth and development. It is also a source of niacin that aids in breaking down carbohydrates, protein and fats.
It is best to use day-old rice which is drier than freshly cooked rice. Day-old rice will absorb more flavor and will not be sticky or soggy.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Grill Pan
Please login to post your comment