Mussels and Chorizo in Herbed Tomato Sauce Recipe
An easy, gourmet fusion of flavors from Chef JP Anglo!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 21 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1/4 cup Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, white, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 150 g Spanish chorizo, sliced diagonally
- 500 g mussels (tahong), boiled, reserve 1 cup of stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 tsp sugar, white
- 5 g thyme, fresh, sprig
- 5 g rosemary, fresh, sprig
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 pc lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic, and chorizo in a wok or deep pan.
2. Add the mussels then the white wine. Allow the wine to reduce to half.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and reserved mussel stock. Let it simmer until sauce is reduced or thick.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Add thyme and rosemary. Simmer until aromatic.
5. Turn the heat off then add butter to finish. Stir until butter is melted.
6. Squeeze 1 piece lemon wedge.
7. Serve the mussels with bread and lemon wedges.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Rubber Spatula