Baked Sausage and Chicken Pasta Recipe
Make your regular baked macaroni extra-special with this recipe.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 38 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 100 g chicken, ground
- 1 pc sausage, italian (80g), coarsely chopped or diced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, canned (198g), sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (200g), cooked
- 1 cup melting cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute. Add sausage. Cook for another minute.
- Add DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce, chicken stock, mushrooms and salt. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 cup of sauce for the topping. Toss the remaining sauce with the cooked DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni and 1/2 cup of cheese. Transfer into a lightly greased 8" x 11" pan. Top with the reserved 1 cup of sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
This dish is high in protein, which is needed by the human body for growth and maintenance. It is also a source of calcium that is not only good for bone health but also helps in blood clotting.
For a firmer macaroni texture, undercook the macaroni by a couple of minutes. The pasta will continue cooking with the sauce as it bakes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon