Tuna Piña Ala Pobre Recipe
Light on the tummy but not on taste. Try this for your next weekend lunch or dinner!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 1 1/4 kg tuna steak (approximately 16 slices)
- 1/2 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 pc banana leaves
- 2 cup kamias
- 1/3 cup oil, for frying
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp liquid seasoning
- pepper, to taste
1. Rub fish with half of garlic then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Line casserole with banana leaves to cover bottom and sides. Arrange kamias at the bottom then place fish. Add pineapple syrup. Bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked. Remove fish and reserve its drippings. Discard the banana leaves.
3. Heat oil in frying pan and sauté remaining garlic until light brown. Set aside. In the same pan, grill fish until brown, then grill DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple. Arrange on a platter.
4. Combine fish drippings, flour, soy sauce, liquid seasoning and pepper. Simmer until thick. Add fried garlic. Pour over fish and pineapple slices. Top with remaining garlic.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Grill Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Measuring Spoon
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
Please login to post your comment