Chicken Sisig Recipe
Try this easy and healthy version of the famous sisig!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 52 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 400 g chicken, thigh fillet, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 150 g chicken liver, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, chopped
- 1 pc siling haba, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (200g), drained, reserve syrup
- 8 tsp liquid seasoning
- 2 1/2 tsp sinigang mix
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 pc egg
- 2 Tbsp margarine
1. Marinate chicken thigh and liver in reserved pineapple syrup and salt for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain and sauté over high heat for 8 minutes or until dry .
2. Add in garlic, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and siling haba. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, liquid seasoning, sinigang mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over high heat while continuously stirring until almost dry.
4. Add red onion and mix. Make a well in the center, add egg and wait until it turns opaque. Stir the egg then mix everything together. Add margarine and sauté for 2 minutes. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula