Tofu Curry Recipe (Party)
Tofu is made more flavorful with this simple recipe.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 8 min.
Cooking Time : 32 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 2 1/2 kg tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3 3/4 tsp salt
- 5 pc egg white
- 3 cup oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1/3 cup ginger, cut into strips
- 5 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 2/3 cup oil, for sautéing
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 5 pc siling haba, sliced
- 2 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup green onions, cut into strips
1. Dry tofu on a tray lined with paper towels. Dust tofu with flour and sprinkle with salt. Remove excess flour. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add tofu. Toss gently. Deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Pound garlic, onion, ginger and bouillon cube together. Sauté in oil for 2 minutes. Add curry powder, sili, coconut cream, water and DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add tofu, salt to taste and green onions. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula