Butong with Crabs Recipe
Feast on this impressive Visayan dish at your next celebration.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 21 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 cup buko water
- 1 kg crab, alimango, cleaned
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 pc buko, meat scraped off
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup onion, green, chopped
1. In a pan, sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic.
2. Pour in DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and buko water. Let simmer then put in crabs. Cover pan.
3. Season with salt then add buko meat. Let simmer then pour in dissolved cornstarch. Simmer until thick.
4. Garnish wtih green onions.
This Butong With Crabs dish is high in calcium needed for strong bones and teeth. It is also high in iron for normal metabolism and vitamin A which is vital in keeping the immune system healthy.
Choose coconut that is malakanin so that the firm coconut meat can withstand the simmering without falling apart.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment