Chunky Chicken Adobo with Pineapple Recipe
Gawing Juicy Tamis ang Adobo na nanunuot from sauce to laman.
Make adobo even more enjoyable with this Chunky Chicken Adobo recipe! We’ve given the classic Filipino favorite a piñalevel-up twist with more pineapples for more bite and flavor. Try this new Chicken Adobo dish today!
Categories : Main Dish
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 kg chicken, leg, cut into serving portions
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn, black, crushed
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks, drained, reserve syrup
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced and fried
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Fry chicken in oil until golden brown.
- Combine chicken with marinade then simmer until chicken is tender. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Top with fried garlic.
This recipe is a rich source of protein that is essential for growth and development. It is also a source of niacin which helps keep the digestive and nervous systems healthy.
For perfectly browned skin, use a non-stick pot and remember to constantly check and turn the chicken. The marinade contains the reserved pineapple syrup which causes the chicken to brown faster.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon