Classic Menudo with Raisins Recipe (Party)
Create this beloved classic the no-fuss way with Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 30
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 1/4 kgs pork, pigue, cut into cubes
- 3 cups water
- 6 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper, black
- 600 g pork liver, cut into cubes
- 3 cups potato, cut into cubes
- 3 cups carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 cups garbanzos, cooked
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
1. Sauté garlic, onion and pork for 3 minutes. Add water, laurel, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer over medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
2. Add liver, potato, carrot, garbanzos and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add raisins and bell peppers. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Vitamin A is important for normal vision and healthy skin as well as for protection from infections. This Classic Menudo With Raisins dish is high in vitamin A and it is also a source of iron that is needed for normal metabolism.
Be sure to cut the vegetables into uniformly sized pieces so that they cook the same time.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment