Classic Menudo with Raisins Recipe (Party)
Create this beloved classic the no-fuss way with Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 30
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 1/4 kgs pork, pigue, cut into cubes
- 3 cups water
- 6 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper, black
- 600 g pork liver, cut into cubes
- 3 cups potato, cut into cubes
- 3 cups carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 cups garbanzos, cooked
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
1. Sauté garlic, onion and pork for 3 minutes. Add water, laurel, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer over medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
2. Add liver, potato, carrot, garbanzos and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add raisins and bell peppers. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon