Fiesta Suman Recipe
A favorite native delicacy just got a fruity twist!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 32
- banana leaves
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained
- 2 pcs buko, meat shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, brown
- 1 kg cassava, finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pass banana leaves over flame until slightly wilted. Cut into 7 x 10-inch pieces. Set aside.
2. Cook DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail selections and buko with 1/2 cup of brown sugar for 10 minutes. Remove from flame. Combine with cassava, vanilla and remaining brown sugar. Mix well.
3. Measure every 1/4 cup of cassava mixture and place on one end of cut out banana leaf. Roll then fold ends to seal. Steam for 35 minutes.
"This recipe provides vitamin C that not only helps resist infections and strengthen blood vessels, but also helps in the development of healthy gums and teeth.
Heating the banana leaves makes them pliable and easy to work with so you can fold and roll the suman. It also gives a nice aroma to the dessert.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment