Tonkatsu Salad Recipe
Add excitement to salad by adding yummy Pork Tonkatsu!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Pork & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 31 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 100 g pork, loin, boneless-skinless, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1/4 pack bread crumbs, Japanese
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 1/8 tsp sugar, white
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1/8 cup water
- 200 g lettuce
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. For the Pork Tonkatsu: Dredge pork slices in DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Breading Mix, egg, then bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown and then cut into strips.
2. For the Tonkatsu Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Toss lettuce, bell pepper, and pork tonkatsu.
4. Drizzle with tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise on top.
5. Toss just before serving.
This hearty salad contains protein needed for the body's growth and development. Protein also provides energy for the body.
Keep your lettuce fresh and crispy by washing and draining the leaves of excess liquid then putting them in the chiller. Do not seal too tightly or pack them too firmly.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment