Fish Estofado Recipe
Try this dish if you want something light and healthy.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 47 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1/2 kg labahita fillet, fresh, filleted, and cut into chunks
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g Baguio beans, sliced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1 cup banana, saba, sliced then fried
- 1 cup kamote, cut into chunks and fried
1. Marinate fish for 15 minutes.
2. Toss in cornstarch, then fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and onion. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, water and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add Baguio beans and bell peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in fish, saba, and kamote just before serving.
This Fish Estofado dish is a source of iron and vitamin A. Iron is necessary for normal metabolism and vitamin A helps maintain healthy vision.
When pan-frying the labahita, the oil should come up to one third to halfway up the side of the labahita to achieve even doneness.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment