Fish Estofado Recipe
Try this dish if you want something light and healthy.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 47 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1/2 kg labahita fillet, fresh, filleted, and cut into chunks
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g Baguio beans, sliced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1 cup banana, saba, sliced then fried
- 1 cup kamote, cut into chunks and fried
1. Marinate fish for 15 minutes.
2. Toss in cornstarch, then fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and onion. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, water and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add Baguio beans and bell peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in fish, saba, and kamote just before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board