Easy Pineapple Chicken Afritada Recipe
Level up your everyday Afritada with this sweet yet easy upgrade.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 3 tsp garlic, pounded
- 500 g chicken, thigh and leg, chopped into serving pieces
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
1. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic. Add the chicken and sauté over medium to low heat until the chicken meat turns white. Add the patis and allow to evaporate. When almost dry, add the water and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add tomato sauce and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and carrots and simmer until fork tender.
4. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits and green peas. Season with pepper.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon