Fish Tokwa Menudo Recipe
Try our light and healthy version of menudo!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 2 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 350 g dorado fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp oil, for frying
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Menudo Sauce (80g)
- 1/3 cup green peas, frozen, cooked
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- patis, to taste
- 2 square tokwa, cut into 1-inch cubes and fried
1. Marinate dorado in calamansi juice, salt and pepper for 15 minutes. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Simmer potatoes and carrot in water until tender. Add DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Menudo Sauce, green peas, bell pepper and patis to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add fish and tokwa. Simmer for 2 minutes.
This dish is rich in protein and vitamin A. Protein is important for growth and development while vitamin A helps maintain healthy skin and good vision.
If dorado is not available, you may substitute with any firm-fleshed fish like labahita.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula
Please login to post your comment