Rolled Steak Casserole Recipe
Try this unique, meaty, sauce-sarap dish for any occasion!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 36 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 500 g beef, sirloin, sliced tapa-style into five and pounded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1 1/2 slice sweet ham, cooked and divided into five
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into five sticks
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pc corn, yellow, cut into five pieces
- 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 2 teaspoons of water
1. Season beef in soy sauce and pepper.
2. Place on each slice of beef a piece of cooked ham and cheese. Roll and secure with toothpicks. Brown in oil. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté onions. Add beef bouillon cube, DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Add beef rolls and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn and cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thick.
This Rolled Steak Casserole recipe is a source of calcium and iron. Calcium is necessary for bone health and play a role in blood clotting. On the other hand, iron is needed in the production of red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Sirloin is a relatively tender and lean piece of beef. It will dry out when cooked for a long time.
Cooking Tools Needed
Please login to post your comment