Fish Stew with Tofu and Pineapples Recipe
A warm stew that keeps it light and healthy.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 500 g labahita fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 Tbsp tenga ng daga, soaked and diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar, white
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup mirin (opt. japanese rice wine or chinese rice wine)
- salt, to taste
- 300 g tofu, cut into thick strips then blanch for 3 minutes
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g), drained, reserve syup
- 2 1/2 stalk leeks, sliced
1. Marinate fish in half of the reserved pineapple syrup for 10 minutes. Drain. Discard marinade.
2. Combine tenga ng daga, soy sauce, sugar, water, mirin, remaining pineapple syrup and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Add tofu. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and fish. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes. Add leeks.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula